BUILD A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE WITH CIMARRON
Cimarron is a primary solution provider that engineers and manufactures environmental control, production and process equipment for the upstream, midstream and downstream energy industries, as well as environmental control solutions for biogas at wastewater facilities, digester tanks, landfills, breweries and the aerospace industry.
Our best-in-class solutions enable our customers to safely and responsibly optimize hydrocarbon production, transportation, processing and storage. Our ever-expanding suite of proprietary environmental technologies and engineered solutions for our broader customer base are designed to recover escaping methane for return to the value stream; and/or to capture and destroy greenhouse gas emissions, including methane, CO2, NOX, SOX and VOC’s.
We embrace the more recent worldwide adoption of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives and are positioned to facilitate the achievement of these shared objectives with our customers and the communities we share. We benefit from decades of product history, innovation, and interaction with our partners, including important regulatory endorsements.
“What We Do” is only made possible by “Who We Are”. As of year-end 2021, our human capital assets were represented by a total employee count of 420 reflecting a diversity that individually makes each of us unique and together makes us stronger. Our employee population includes minorities. We are committed to safety for our employees in all circumstances and inclusion in all that we do, from the field and shop floors to back-office support teams. Ongoing training and development of our people is an important corporate priority.
We aspire to be good citizens in the communities we serve and on the world stage. We share core values as to how we treat each other, serve our customers and hold each other accountable for achieving our business objectives and our broader ESG goals. Those core values originated from workshops involving key leaders from across the company with the notion that shared values bring alignment, trust and teamwork that promotes individual and corporate success which all constituents STRIVE to achieve:
- S – safety first and foremost in all that we do in all circumstances – no excuses
- T – working as cohesive teams drives results and determines our ultimate success
- R – respect for ourselves and our colleagues, customers and competitors
- I – maintaining the highest standards of integrity in all that we do
- V – delivering economic value to our customers and environmental benefits
- E – pursuing operational excellence to drive performance and continual improvement
Net Zero Emissions and Sustainability for the Future
Our carbon footprint is primarily derived from our manufacturing operations, transportation, our field and technical customer support services and our corporate and field office locations. We have not yet achieved the goal of “Net Zero Emissions”, though we are defining strategies to further reduce our carbon footprint near-term and to do so in ways that are sustainable for the future benefit of generations to come. Cimarron released it’s second annual Sustainability Report in June 2023 and earned top quartile recognition from EcoVadis.
Importantly, by the nature of what we offer to our customers, we play a vital role in their efforts to reduce their own carbon footprint and to achieve their sustainability goals. By working closely with the customer community for the last several decades, we have invested heavily in new product development and technology aimed specifically at reducing emissions in a wide variety of industry applications. Over that period of time, our product suite and service offerings have evolved substantially in support of customers’ growing desire for environmental responsibility and the promulgation and enforcement of ever more stringent environmental regulation.
Over 75% of our revenues come from the sale of emissions control equipment, related field and technical services and automation. In combination, our customers have the opportunity to benefit from a broad menu of “fit-for-purpose” equipment and “smart” controls supported by services which help assure safe and reliable operation. We can deploy technologies that provide real-time diagnostic, preventative and predictive maintenance needs, thus avoiding operational upsets and interruptions which can have significant economic and environmental impact.
Keys to our success are founded on two important premises: (i) our ability to advance the sustainability initiatives of our customers, and (ii) our focus on continual improvement as environmental impact mitigation grows more complex and the pace of change quickens. Our business model is based upon the interdependent relationship between reliable equipment and service:
- Real-Time Performance Monitoring: Our field service personnel can remotely track performance, model sensitivities and predict the operating health of our installed base, and that of our customers, using proprietary systems on a standalone basis or as a compliment to customer systems, thereby avoiding upsets and downtime.
- Responsiveness: We provide routine maintenance as well as call-out-services, which are often in critical situations when economic and environmental impacts can be significant. We maintain a local presence in our markets that encourages timely response and reduces wasteful and detrimental “windshield time”.
- Engineering and Design: Our equipment is designed and engineered to meet the specifications of our customers and the operating conditions on site. Equipment is sized for efficient and dependable operation and optimal emission controls.
- Reliability: Our installed base has provided years of operating history lowering total cost of asset ownership for our customers, and demonstrating reliability as measured by run time and availability. Run time is directly linked to GHG emissions avoidance.
- Redundancy: When required, we are fully capable of designing redundancy into our equipment to assure “fail safe” operating conditions in the most volatile or environmentally sensitive circumstances.
Our Product Families
Each of our product families are represented by best-in-class technology and years of proven reliability offered at a fair price, which affords customers with both an economic payback through efficient operation as well as avoided costs from interruption or upset:
- Vapor Recovery: We offer vapor recovery equipment (VRU’s) and solutions to the upstream, midstream, downstream and certain other infrastructure markets. Each technology is specific for its own applications and provides our customers with the opportunity to optimize their value stream while at the same time minimizing the risks of unwanted emissions.
- In addition, deploying our Carbon Bed VRUs to the downstream gasoline terminals market helps to capture fugitive vapors in the loading and off-loading process and returns gasoline to the storage tank.
- Combustion: We offer both enclosed– and open-combustion devices which are recognized as industry leading technologies for the efficient destruction of emissions within stringent regulatory constraints across a variety of industries and applications.
- Our line of combustion devices includes: the largest number of EPA recognized enclosed combustion devices (EPA “0000” certified); the best-in-class technology for the destruction of NOX and SOX based on proprietary burner technology; and a broad array of highly engineered and efficient flares that can achieve as much as a 98.5% DRE – significantly more efficient than the standard flare product used extensively to date in the US market.
- Production: We specialize in hydrocarbon processing equipment with a focus on natural gas production and handling.
By installing Cimarron’s complete offering of production equipment (separation and treatment) and its emissions controls solutions (vapor recovery and/or combustion), with the support of its field and technical services, an upstream operator can reduce GHG emissions by 93% to 98.5% while producing one million standard cubic feet of gas per day over the course of a year. The results would reduce GHG emissions over a 20-year life cycle from an estimated 410,000 tons of CO2e (with no emissions controls deployed) to as little as 290 to 29,000 tons of CO2e, depending on the emissions controls solution in use.
Cimarron has long held to the tenets of social responsibility, including providing a safe and secure workplace, formal training and development programs for our employee base, career pathing and advancement and fair pay based on performance measured against defined metrics. We believe that by doing so, our employees are able to achieve a work/life balance that is beneficial to all and we can become the employer of choice which reduces turnover and promotes continuity.
- Cimarron has an industry leading safety record as measured by TRIR (0.75); and an insurance modifier of XXX based on performance over time – one of the best in the industry
- Our workplaces are a reflection of our people, each of whom is committed to policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment and encouraging inclusion.
- During the past three years, 100% of our employees have participated in some type of training and development ranging from safety and quality assurance to technical skills enhancement and management training.
- We employ a pay-for-performance philosophy at all levels of the company measured against specific criteria which helps assure that pay is fair.
- We have been successful in structuring an effective remote working regimen that has flexibility to meet changing circumstances and lifestyle priorities.
With respect to broader topics of promoting social justice, inclusion and diversity we intend to export much of what we do internally to outreach in the communities where we live and work.
Our Company’s governance model is based on best practices taken from the most successful companies in the U.S. It is designed to manage risks and drive returns while adhering to our established policies and procedures. Key policies include:
- Code of Conduct
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
We operate with a board of directors in an oversight role, a CEO with specific delegated responsibilities, a Senior Leadership Team with decision rights that promote distributed decision making, and an employee base that understands individual and team roles and responsibilities. Collectively, we are able to establish Cimarron’s purpose, vision, strategy and execution plans to responsibly drive value for all constituents.
Cimarron is committed to achieving Net Zero for our internal emissions (Scope 1, 2 and 3 per established global protocols), and to promoting best-in-class emission controls solutions to our customers that enable dramatic reductions in their Avoided Emissions and Net Zero objectives. We embrace the broader mandates of the ESG movement and assign true economic value to their achievement.