When purchasing Equipment doesn’t fit into your budget and/or capital is better utilized elsewhere, Cimarron offers rental units to fit a broad range of applications.
Compression-based VRUs - Standard Models
Our equipment is designed to move low pressure, high BTU gas from Oil and Gas facilities to field gathering systems. Our fleet consists of primarily electric motor driven rotary screw packages, rotary vane packages and reciprocating compression packages designed for Tank Vapor Recovery as well as Wellhead Booster applications. When the application requires equipment not currently in our rental fleet, we are able to add our new standard VRU’s to the fleet to fill our customer’s needs.
Vapor Recovery Units (VRUs) are one of the most efficient ways of capturing the vapors generated from standard oil and gas production processes and generating revenue from this by-product as a result. Since 1952, our HY-BON division has designed, manufactured and serviced compression-based VRUs for the Oil & Gas industry.
For the oil production upstream and midstream business, a compression-based Vapor Recovery Unit is used to capture flash gas from storage tanks, a vapor recovery tower, or other sources on a location where pressure reduction is needed to stabilize fluids or assist in production efficiency. Multiple compressor types are available based on our customers applications – oil flooded screw, rotary vane and vertical reciprocating compressors, available as natural gas or electric drive packages.
- No capital investment
- No storage or long-term maintenance necessary
- Less expensive than purchasing a new flare
- Cimarron service personnel available to help size, remove and install your equipment.
Skid-mounted or trailer-mounted flares are available in the US on a rental basis. Perfect for applications that allow a visible flame, elevated flares can process a high volume of gas within a small footprint. Smokeless capacity will depend on the vapor composition and flow rate.
Portable High Efficiency Combustor (CEB)
- Upstream oil and gas well testing and completion applications
- Tank loading/unloading
- Locations with very limited footprint for the equipment
- Applications that require a very fast set up and start up time.
- Tank or pipeline degassing
The certified emissions burner (CEB®) is an ultra-low emission-vapor combustor most suited for applications that require some of the following: no visible flame, low radiation, short set-up and start-up time, a small footprint, high destruction efficiency, and/or very low NOx production. It uses premix surface combustion to effectively destroy waste gases of <15ppm, without smoke, soot, or luminous flame. Specially trained Cimarron technicians are available to help you set up and operate the combustion equipment for the duration of your needs.
The CEB® is designed for a maximum thermal capacity of 150 MMBtu/hr or 45MW, and is fully automated to accommodate varying flow rates and compositions making it ideal for:
Portable CEB® units are currently available for rent from our European operations but can be shipped around the world depending on local regulations.
Portable VCU/Thermal Oxidizer
- De-gassing blower — can be isolated when not in use
- Detonation arrester with one (1) temperature element
- Human machine interface (HMI) control for ease of operation
- Temperature management system with automatically adjustable air dampers and control valve to provide the assist gas control. Note that in some cases, assist gas may not be required.
- Stack temperature recording capabilities where required by the customer or regulatory agencies
- Safety and regulatory shut down alarms
- 100’ feet of 8” flexible waste gas hose
- 100’ feet of signal alarm wire — used to tie in safety and regulatory alarms
Cimarron offers both short- and long-term rental options in the USA for trailer-mounted portable vapor combustors/thermal oxidizers (PVCUs) for use in the destruction of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Perfect for applications that don’t allow a visible/open flame, these systems are commonly used in fuel storage and loading terminals, and in Industrial tank and pipeline de-gassing operations.
Compared to elevated flares, the PVCUs have a more limited capacity and, as a result, are not as favored in large-volume gas applications (such as well-testing) unless visible flaring is not allowed.
The Cimarron PVCUs are designed for safe, efficient, smokeless operation. They have been tested and certified to meet U.S. Federal Emission Guidelines.
Typically included in each rental unit:
Cimarron has certified technicians located strategically for equipment installations and equipment removal after use.
For more information regarding portable thermal oxidizing systems, please contact us.